Education Pioneers Data Fellow
Higher Expectations for Racine County & Racine Unified School District (RUSD)
Reports to: Data Director, Higher Expectations for Racine County & Senior Accountability and Efficiency Officer, Racine Unified School District
Advance the shared interests of Higher Expectations and RUSD to expand data literacy, analytic capacity, and continuous improvement practices in the community with a primary focus of the Racine Unified School District and key K-12 education partners. Provide training and coaching to school district staff and leaders (both school-based and administrative) and community partners in data literacy, continuous improvement methodologies, and baseline data technical skills (e.g. using Excel). Conduct analyses, develop reports, and guide stakeholders in implementing evidence-based plans for key initiatives within RUSD and in the broader portfolio of Higher Expectations’ career to cradle work.
This is a one-year fellowship with the potential of evolving into a full-time position contingent on available funding, job performance, and mutually agreed fit.
- Train and coach school district leaders and school-based staff members in data literacy and analytic skills – both technical and conceptual (e.g. asking good questions, identifying appropriate data sources and collection methods; organizing, formatting, and analyzing data using Excel, using data for continuous improvement, etc.)
- For a prioritized set of projects: conduct analyses, lead program evaluations, refine data collection protocols, develop reports, and support stakeholders in using findings. Exact projects to be determined by RUSD and Higher Expectations but could include:
- Post-secondary enrollment strategies (e.g. financial aid application (FAFSA) completion, summer melt, etc.)
- Elementary reading tutoring programs (Wisconsin Reading Corps, United Way and RUSD’s Schools of Hope initiative)
- Elementary literacy professional development for teachers and coaches
- 4-year-old Kindergarten enrollment and quality improvement
- Support data priorities of broader Higher Expectations career to cradle work – to be determined, but could include, maintaining community-wide data dashboards, assisting with workforce development program evaluations, etc.
- Participate in professional development and networking through the Education Pioneers Impact Fellowship, along with prioritized RUSD- and Higher Expectations-affiliated trainings (e.g. via StriveTogether)
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving – Excellent ability to think strategically, break down complicated problems, articulate smart, data-informed questions, and support others in simplifying data and using it to guide decision making
- Facilitation and Coaching. Ability to train and guide others in learning basics of data manipulation, analysis, and data use
- Data Analytical Skills. Ability to analyze large datasets, visualize data, and distill findings. Advance proficient in Excel. Experience with Tableau, Power BI, and statistical packages a plus.
- Focus on Equity – Committed to advancing personal and organizational understanding of identity, disparity and equity in the Racine community and ability to act in strategic ways to address those issues.
- Comfortable reflecting on and engaging others in difficult conversations and strategic actions to address inequities along lines of race and income, among others. Experience living, working, and/or volunteering in a low-income community highly preferred.
- Communication - Excellent written and oral communication skills and strong interpersonal skills. Ability to build trust and rapport with a variety of audience
- Planning & Organizing – Excellent project management and organizational skills, ability to create processes and systems, manage details and work independently
- Adaptability – Champions change and guides partners in accelerating the change management processes, ability to adapt in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment
- Teamwork & Collaboration – Demonstrates the ability to develop and cultivate relationships with community stakeholders and professionals in education, business, faith, non-profit, philanthropic, and civic sectors
Send a resume, cover letter, and (if applicable) a portfolio of relevant work to both Matt Snyder
(email@example.com) and KC Jackson (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Starting Salary: $55,000. Benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance, paid time off (sick, vacation), a
401k plan, and paid travel to national conference and professional development experiences, as approved by
>> Read Full Job Description Online