Higher Expectations for Racine County
The mission of the Deputy Director is to successfully manage the daily operations of Higher Expectations for Racine County, provide support to team members, and lead strategic efforts to advance the team’s goal of achieving “Proof Point” by 2018. The Deputy Director will report to the Executive Director, and will need to effectively oversee the work of the organization by engaging partners, facilitating the work of the partnership and its committees, and managing the team to achieve objectives and complete deliverables.
- Meet regularly with Stakeholder Engagement and Communication Manager, Post-Secondary Facilitator, and Employer Engagement Program Manager to set timelines, milestones and checkpoints that ensure timely implementation of activities and achievement of outcomes
- Complete annual performance reviews for each team member (listed above) in November of each year
- Meet weekly with Executive Director and Data Director to review team-wide milestones and progress and manage strategic initiatives
- In coordination with the Executive Director, Data Director, and Stakeholder Engagement and Communication Manager, facilitate grant development, tracking, reporting and correspondence to ensure grant requests align with funder interests with strategic needs and reports are completed on time
- Provide oversight to the Stakeholder Engagement and Communication Manager as she (1) develops and facilitates fundraising and grant proposal processes and (2) manages the structure and engagement of the Higher Expectations Leadership Table
- Facilitate weekly team meetings and manage team action commitments and next steps to ensure followthrough
- Serve as a key point of contact for Higher Expectations team members for matters related to human resources and build a productive team culture
- Manage the Higher Expectations budget, which includes developing a budget in collaboration with the Executive Director by December of each year; submitting monthly expenses to the United Way; and tracking budget reports on a monthly basis
- Support team operations and scheduling as needed
- Collaborate with the Executive Director and Data Director in the design, implementation, and ongoing refinement of a strategic plan that moves Higher Expectations to “Proof Point” by 2018 (a milestone of community progress in the StriveTogether national network)
- Lead team-wide strategic planning, ongoing prioritization decisions, and accountability in implementing that plan
- Serve as a strategic advisor for the Executive Director
- Support Executive Director and the Higher Expectations team with special strategic projects and/or priorities that arise throughout the year (e.g. Supporting partner organizations in designing and implementing continuous improvement strategic plans; serving as a key point of contact for a Race and Equity Steering committee formed by local government, educational, and philanthropic institutions) Other duties as assigned.
- Leadership – Ability to oversee the work of multiple partners and facilitate their collective work, and to encourage teams to achieve objectives and hold them accountable for their deliverables
- Communication - Excellent written and oral communication skills and strong interpersonal skills
- Facilitation – Knowledge and demonstrated success in facilitating multi-disciplinary or multi‐organizational teams
- Professionalism – Demonstrates the ability to build and maintains an effective system of communications and a positive image for the organization
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving – Excellent ability to think strategically and help teams prioritize their work to meet ambitious goals, ability to address and overcome complex issues to achieve desired results
- Planning & Organizing – Excellent project management and organizational skills, ability to create processes and systems, manage details and work independently
- Focus on Equity – Committed to advancing personal and organizational understanding of disparity and equity in the Racine community and ability to act in strategic ways to address those issues, comfortable reflecting on and engaging others in difficult conversations and strategic actions to address inequities along lines of race and income, among others
- Adaptability – Champions change and provides tools to assist team and community partners in accelerating the change management process necessary to implement and sustain their proposed improvements, and ability to adapt in a fast-paced environment as the organization and its roles evolve over time
- Teamwork & Collaboration – Demonstrates the ability to develop and cultivate relationships with community stakeholders and professionals in education, business, faith, non-profit, philanthropic, and civic sectors
Starting salary commensurate with experience. Please include salary requirements in your cover letter. Benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance, paid time off (sick, vacation), and a 401k plan.
Submit resume and cover letter (with salary requirements) to Matt Snyder (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Monday, November 13th.
About Higher Expectations
Higher Expectations for Racine County was founded on a simple idea: Those who care about our community’s future — from parents and educators to civic leaders and local employers — can accomplish more by working together than by working apart. We’re working to build a fully capable and employed workforce in Racine County. In order to accomplish that vision we engage community partners, align efforts, and maximize resources to promote equity and excellence in education and employment outcomes in Racine County. Higher Expectations is part of StriveTogether, a national, non-profit network of community organizations that reaches more than 8.3 million students across the country.
Higher Expectations for Racine County, along with RAMAC, is an equal opportunity employer and makes its employment decisions solely based on the individual’s qualifications and without regard to any legally protected statutes such as race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, origin, age, disability or veteran status.